Thursday, August 13, 2009

Downtown: New Home to Barneys Warehouse Sale

This year, Downtown is home to the massive Barneys Warehouse Sale. I went on opening day and was totally blown away with the shoe selections. Sick. All marked down 60% to 75%.

Of course size availability was an issue on the more desirable brands. It literally took me 3 hours to choose which bad boys would come home with me. My dilemna caught the attention of a Fox 11 reporter who casually walked over to me. He lightly teased me about the stockpile of shoes surrounding me and how I could possibly choose just one pair. The next thing I knew I'm talking into a mic and the camera is aimed right at me! Oh the shame! No makeup, hair undone - shot from a terrible angle! I could've really used a swipe of blush, gloss and mascara. From all this I've confirmed something very disturbing - the camera truly does add weight. Exactly how pin thin is that Alexis chick on Entourage?

The sale is still on-going, with an additional 25% off the sale prices. I think the last day is August 23. If you want to get a feel for the sale before heading to the eastside, watch the news reel:

Barney's Warehouse Sale - FOX 11 News - myFOXla.com

So what was the verdict? The boys I took home with me were Pierre Hardy, Miu Miu, and Roberto del Carlo. I'm on a shoe ban until next year!

Pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment